KP-CNA Bargaining Update #13
Today, Kaiser Permanente and the California Nurses Association (CNA) met for the thirteenth day of contract negotiations.
Kaiser Permanente and CNA reached verbal tentative agreement on the following employer proposals, which clarify, update, or consolidate content within the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA):
- Anticipatory Overtime and Availability for Extra Shifts: This moves an appendix of the CBA into the main body of the contract.
- Fringe Benefits for Short Hour, Temporary, and Per Diem Nurses: This consolidates content located throughout the CBA into one place within the contract.
- Reporting Pay: This removes the word “telegram” from the CBA.
Also in negotiations today:
- To better understand the union’s proposal on domestic violence, Kaiser Permanente asked several clarifying questions.
- The parties had an informative discussion regarding the use of text messaging.
- Kaiser Permanente requested scheduling additional bargaining days in September.
For the record
Today’s tentative agreements represent progress in negotiations. We look forward to hearing the union’s response to our request for additional bargaining days in September.
What comes next
Bargaining is scheduled to continue Thursday, Aug. 31. We will continue to keep you informed.